- Sudesha offers activity based learning environment with the globally competitive curriculums combining Nepal Government’s National Curriculum designed by Curriculum Development Centre (CDC),integrated with the SDG´s global school, British Council´s ISA, and the reference contents and resources from multiple Languages and literatures so that the students can endeavor towards excellence in the modern global world and establish themselves as the successful global citizen acquiring the 21st century skills.
- English is the primary medium of communication within the school premises and the course and contents are also offered in English medium expect of Nepali for the students can be able to learn and excel the language skills in both the languages fluently, precisely and authentically.
Our curriculum is destined to address the following key skills;
- a) Moral Virtues
- b) Socialization
- c) Core 21st century skills (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, and Critical Thinking)
- d) Self-development and Independence
- e) Responsibility
- f) Global Citizenship
Based on the above mentioned curricular framework, we emphasize on the morals, cultural, social, and spiritual, and overall physical advancement of our students.
The curriculum of Sudesha School is based on the following approaches;
- a) Explore and excel the inner/ natural potential of the students providing the suitable environment for the proper growth and development.
- b) Converting the knowledge into skills with the implementation of ‘Activity Based Learning Approach’.
- c) Teaching, testing and upgrading the levels of learning from bottom to top based on Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- d) Creating, Exhibiting, and analysing inter cultural and intra cultural themes for the understanding and attainment of global citizenship.
- e) Organizing well planned and regular educational excursions to the easily accessible local places for enriching the quality education based on field trips and research.
- f) Generating and maximizing in the learning opportunity using the materials available in the local level.
- g) Ensuring the age appropriate, time appropriate, and place appropriate learning for the students.
- h) Implementing the curriculum designed by the government of Nepal using the best-fitting teaching pedagogy to fulfil the specific and general objectives of level-wise education.
- i) Planning and preparing the suitable environment for the self-learning and personality development.
- j) Ensuring the pollution-free, green, and clean ecological environment in school and surroundings.
- k) Emphasizing on the localization of the knowledge and skills to befit the locality.
- l) Promoting the humanitarian approach of respect, love, and selfless service to everyone.
- m) Ensuring that every student will learn to acknowledge their rights and duties.
We ensure that every student, as a part of Sudesha, will be provided with the opportunity based on equity and social justice.
The school curriculum is age appropriate that is level matched with the students’ cognitive ability. It is completely based on the government’s level based classification as pre-primary (playgroup to upper kindergarten), basic level (class one to eight), and secondary (class 9 and 10). The students are made sure that they acquire all the defined objectives of the given level before upgrading to the next level.
The evaluation process is different according to the levels that the students read in. The evaluation of the pre-primary and primary level’s students is completely based on CAS (Continuous Assessment System). There is no provision of the terminal exams in the pre-primary and primary levels. But, the evaluation procedure of class six and seven is based on both CAS and terminal exams (50 % from CAS and 50% from the terminal exams). Likewise, in class eight, the evaluation is based on the BLE guidelines yet the practical marks will be provided on the basis of the CAS evaluation. Finally, the evaluation procedure of class nine and ten is based on the guideline of SEE examination, yet the practical marks will be based on the CAS.
The school has the access to ICT and digital technology to ensure the modern teaching learning activities and communication. The school also ensures that only the digitally literate instructors and facilitators are appointed.
Sudesha has been working in collaboration with different organizations like Quest Nepal, Karkhana, Debate Network Nepal, Wild Conservation Nepal (WCN), Friends Of Zoo (FOZ), Youth Thinkers Society to ensure the lifelike implementation of the skills learned the students.
A broad, balanced, and appropriate curriculum that meets the needs of the targeted students is implemented with the breakdown and interventions into the terminal ones to attain the annual targets set to be achieved at the end of an academic year.
We promote the culture of reading and reflecting with the regular readings and discussions on the writings from different literatures.
Let us remind you again that we serve with the motto “Endeavour towards Excellence” .