- Sudesha offers activity based learning environment with the globally competitive curriculums combining Nepal Government’s National Curriculum designed by Curriculum Development Centre (CDC),integrated with the SDG´s global school, British Council´s ISA, and the reference contents and resources from multiple Languages and literatures so that the students can endeavor towards excellence in the modern global world and establish themselves as the successful global citizen acquiring the 21st century skills.
- English is the primary medium of communication within the school premises and the course and contents are also offered in English medium expect of Nepali for the students can be able to learn and excel the language skills in both the languages fluently, precisely and authentically.
- Our curriculum is destined to address the following key skills;
- a) Moral Virtues and universal humanitarian values
- b) Socialization
- c) Core 21st century skills (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, and Critical Thinking & problem solving, Global citizenship, and Digital literacy)
- d) Self-development and Independence
- e) Core Values:- Responsibility, respect, integrity, positivity, kindness, excellence.
- f) Sustainable development goals.
- g) International dimension of learning.
Based on the above mentioned curricular framework, we emphasize on the morals, cultural, social, and spiritual, and overall physical advancement of our students.
The curriculums of Sudesha School are based on the following approaches;
- a) Explore and excel the inner/ natural potential of the students providing the suitable environment for the proper growth and development.
- b) Converting the knowledge into skills with the implementation of ‘Activity Based Learning Approach’.
- c) Teaching, testing, and upgrading the levels of learning from bottom to top based on Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- d) Creating, Exhibiting, and analyzing inter cultural and intra cultural themes for the understanding and attainment of global citizenship.
- e) Organizing well planned and regular educational excursions to the easily accessible local places for enriching the quality education based on field trips and research.
- f) Generating and maximizing the learning opportunities using the materials available in the local level.
- g) Ensuring the age appropriate, time appropriate, and place appropriate learning for the students.
- h) Implementing the curriculum designed by the government of Nepal using the best-fitting teaching pedagogy to fulfil the specific and general objectives of level-wise education.
- i) Planning and preparing the suitable environment for the self-learning and personality development.
- j) Ensuring the pollution-free, green, and clean ecological environment in school and surroundings.
- k) Emphasizing on the localization of the knowledge and skills to befit the locality.
- l) Promoting the humanitarian approach of respect, love, and selfless service to everyone.
- m) Ensuring that every student will learn to acknowledge their rights and duties.
- g) Creating appropriate environment and encouraging the students to get involved in research based activities.
We ensure that every student, as a part of Sudesha, will be provided with the opportunity based on equity and social justice.
The school curriculum is age appropriate which is level matched with the students’ cognitive ability. It is completely based on the government’s level based classification as pre-primary (playgroup to upper kindergarten), basic level (class one to eight), and secondary (class 9 and 10). The students are made sure that they acquire all the defined objectives of the given level before upgrading to the next level.
The evaluation process is different according to the levels that the students read in. The evaluation of the pre-primary and primary level’s students is completely based on CAS (Continuous Assessment System). There is no provision of the terminal exams in the pre-primary and primary levels. But, the evaluation procedure of class six and seven is based on both CAS and terminal exams (50 % from CAS and 50% from the terminal exams). Likewise, in class eight, the evaluation is based on the BLE guidelines. Yet the practical marks will be provided on the basis of the CAS evaluation. Finally, the evaluation procedure of class nine and ten is based on the guideline of SEE examination, yet the practical marks will be based on the CAS.
The school has the access to ICT and digital technology to ensure the modern teaching learning activities and communication. The school also ensures that only the digitally literate instructors and facilitators are appointed.
Sudesha has been working in collaboration with different organizations like Quest Nepal, Karkhana, Debate Network Nepal, Wild Conservation Nepal (WCN), Friends Of Zoo (FOZ), Youth Thinkers Society, etc to ensure the lifelike implementation of the skills learned the students.
A broad, balanced, and appropriate curriculum that meets the needs of the targeted students is implemented with the breakdown and interventions into the terminal ones to attain the annual targets set to be achieved at the end of an academic year.
We promote the culture of reading and reflecting with the regular readings and discussions on the writings from different literatures. Along with that, Sudesha provides the students with the opportunity to connect their learning with the community through different social service based activities and campaigns.
The curriculum of pre-primary level in Sudesha School is progressive and child centered academic program based on the play way approach. The curriculum designed by the Curriculum Development Centre has been implemented with early child development approaches and principles structured and designed by ECEC (Early Childhood Education Centre) with their consultation. The The learning process of the students of this level is based on the theme based learning approach that is evaluated with the continuous evaluation system (CAS).
Sudesha school has been providing varieties of progressive learning approaches and activities for physical development, cognitive learning, literacy acquisition, problem solving, independent thinking, and creativity for the kids. The learning process here is reflective and intentional teaching and learning in a play way. In collaboration with the teachers, kids, parents, and the community, Sudesha is committed to ensured learning of the children. The learning process in Sudesha pre-school is active, child centered, engaged in creative and critical thinking, and dynamic process.
Primary Curriculum (Class 1 to 5)
Following the national curriculum designed and implemented by the government of Nepal, Sudesha School has been working with the theme based grade teaching approach in this level with the practice of activities and experiments. Here, all the classes are facilitated by two instructors which creates the small teacher-student ratio in the class. We have the provision of textbooks upto class 3. The teaching learning process goes with the theme based activities via worksheets. However in class 4 and 5, the textbooks are in use with designed activities and experimental approaches for learning. There is no provision of terminal examinations and evaluation takes place in the form of Continuous Evaluation System (CAS). The curriculum and activities of this level are integrated with the social service related activities with the purpose of connecting children to the society and humanitarian values.
Middle school and Senior school Curriculum (Class 6 to 10)
The middle school (6-8) and secondary school curriculum (9-10) are the programs designed following the national curriculum designed by the government of Nepal delivered in an activity based experimental approach. Along with the national curriculum, the local curriculums, SQC, PSHE, and social service are the integral part of our middle school and secondary school curriculums. Using the mechanisms of social service, SQC, and PSHE, the school has created the system to practice social responsibility, personality development, and leadership skills for developing a social behaviours and understandings in the students.
In coordination with the organizations like FOZ, Quest Nepal, Rotary club, British Council, Karkhana , etc. the school connects the learning of the students with the outer world experiences and research based approaches. Likewise, the terminal educational excursions and field trips are significant for research based learning and field inquiry based learning approaches in the creation of knowledge.
The middle school and senior school curriculum delivery and activities done are integrated with international dimension of learning to ensure the international level of learning practices.
Let us remind you again that we serve with the motto “Endeavour towards Excellence” .